Eco-Congregation Scotland is a charity, offering a programme to enthuse and equip churches to weave environmental issues into their life and mission in an enjoyable and stimulating way.
- A Scotland that cares for God’s creation, now and forever.
- We care passionately for God’s creation
- We are a faith based movement
- We are rooted in local groups of Christians
- We work co-operatively with each other and with others who care about the environment
- We encourage transformational change at individual, community and national levels
- In prayer, worship and conversation we discover what it means to care for God’s creation
- We put that care into action individually, locally, nationally and globally, desiring to live justly in a transformed world
- We commit ourselves to campaigning on urgent threats to the web of life in our vulnerable world
(Values, Vision and Mission statement adopted by the board of Eco-Congregation Scotland on 13th February 2014)
How we do it
We do this through three strands:
- Spiritual living
Making the link between environmental issues and Christian faith
- Practical living
Taking practical action in the church
- Global living
Influencing attitudes and take action in the local or global community on issues such as climate change
- publish online resources
- maintain contact with churches.
- provide this website and a regular newsletter.
- arrange for churches to be assessed for the Eco-Congregation Award.
- develop and assist in the running of local networks of eco-congregations.
- train volunteers from congregations and local networks to develop the programme at local level.
- represent Eco-Congregation Scotland to national church bodies and environmental organisations.
Join us today