Energy Awareness is coming to the Highlands!
Bemused by biomass, confused by funding, stumped by solar? Then SCARF may have just the thing for you.
Launched in April 2014, GreenSkills Scotland is our new brand covering a variety of accredited and bespoke courses across the energy efficiency, renewable energy and energy assessment sectors. Growing on our long held reputation of delivering quality and industry recognised training, we offer courses that deliver up-to-date, practical knowledge that will allow you or your team to talk and act with confidence on the subjects covered.
We are bringing our City and Guilds Energy Awareness course to Inverness on the 18th of August, so get in touch to book your place now.
City and Guilds – Energy Awareness
This popular course has been running for a number of years, reaching more than 20,000 people. It has by far become the industry-recognised qualification for those looking to deliver energy efficiency advice. The Energy Awareness course will enable participants to advise clients on a range of issues including:
- the efficiency and appropriate use of heating and hot water systems, and the functions of the controls
- interpret domestic fuel cost data using reference materials
- advise clients on how to record gas and electricity consumption and calculate costs
- inform clients of ways of paying for gas and electricity
- identify the potential to improve the energy efficiency in a range of dwellings
- explain Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation
- advise clients on how to avoid condensation and how to take remedial action where condensation dampness exists
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals looking to gain employment in a growing sector
- Employers looking to equip staff to provide quality energy advice
- Local Authority and Housing Association looking to add value to client services
- Communities or groups looking to maximise the impact of their projects
You can contact SCARF at www.scarf.org.uk or by emailing or phoning 01224213005