Peebles Old Parish Church received their first Eco-Congregation award.
The assessors were particularly impressed by the following areas of involvement by the congregation:
* The enthusiastic commitment to an eco-friendly church environment;
* Good involvement in community projects, including the Old Parish Forum meetings and the Tweed Green 50:50 campaign;
* Good involvement of Sunday School children in environmental issues;
* Very good record keeping; and
* The reduction in space heating in church that has been achieved and which has reduced energy consumption.