North Parish Church in Stirling has received their 1st Eco-Congregation Award. Congratulations!
Principally the award was awarded for:
– Their structured approach to reducing energy usage and the carbon footprint of the church buildings by first having a professional survey by the Energy Savings Trust, implementing the improvements and monitoring the benefits on a regular basis and showing these visually to the congregation.
– The work done on insulation, a high efficiency boiler system, the solar panels, PV panels and a control system to manage energy usage and heating in the building.
– Waste recycling facilities to encourage good practice.
– Making all users of the buildings aware and responsible for doing the right thing for our world.
– Plans to install a cycle rack to encourage sustainable models of transport to the Church and the example set by the Minister himself.
Well done and Happy Easter!