Saughtonhall United Reform Church has received their 1st Eco-Congregation Award. Congratulations!
Principally the award was awarded for:
- Their enthusiastic commitment to an eco-friendly church environment.
- The work of the group involved in the installation of the church’s solar panels last year. This progressed very swiftly with all the necessary processes to achieve this fantastic renewable energy source .
- Making records of the amount of energy produced from the solar panels easily accessible through downloads from the smart meter, noting the CO2 saved and recording this information on the church website. This enables a useful sharing of information with other churches, who can both request detailed information about the panels and visit the church.
- The good link that has been established with the P6 class of the local Eco School.
- The reuse of items encouraged via the work with Fresh Start.