Author Archives: Paul Williams
Congratulations to Selkirk Parish Church who is the first congregation to achieve an award under our new scheme. They are the first to achieve a Silver Award!
The assessors commended the congregation for the following:
- the clarity of your planning and monitoring of your action plan;
- your eco-policy, which we may use as an example for other congregations to consider;
- your active involvement in aspects of global living, especially the toilet-twinning;
- the active involvement of members of your congregation in the ECS local network and national
- the overall impression of an imaginative and creative church, fully committed to environmental
A Tattie Talk by John Marshall
Monday 2nd October 7.30pm
28 Lauriston Street, EH3 9DJ
The humble potato has an exotic and fascinating history. We are fortunate to have John Marshall, award-winning expert on the potato (seen recently on Gardener’s World), to deliver one of his entertaining Tattie Talks.
You are invited to join him afterwards for supper. The event is free.
St Peter’s is extending the invitation to foster greater care for the environment, encourage stronger interfaith links and together extend the message of justice and peace to the wider community. The evening will be hosted at Lauriston Hall.
This event is free of charge. For those who wish, there will be an opportunity to make a donation to Mary’s Meals to provide a meal a day for the world’s poorest children, of all faiths and none, in a place of education.
Book with Liz Brown email@example.com