We are pleased to announce the launch of our new module on international development issues. This has been written with assistance from the Church of Scotland World Mission Council, Christian Aid and SCIAF. You can download a copy from the module 12 page or view it through your web browser.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The Ayrshire Network of Eco-Congregation Scotland would like to invite you to an Eco Fair on Saturday 22nd October, 10 -12 in Saltcoats New Trinty Church Halls. For a map of the church location, please see http://www.newtrinity.co.uk.
This event is for you if you and your church:
- know nothing about Eco-Congregation but would like to do more to care for creation
- are just beginning to think about becoming an eco-congregation
- are you already registered with us but would like to meet and learn from other local eco-congregations
There will be information and support available not only for churches but also for the general public from a whole host of organisations – please see attached flier. We would be grateful if you could publicise the event to your congregation and local community through intimations, church newsletters or by printing out and displaying the flier. Everyone is welcome!
Further information is available in this leaflet:
The Augustine United Church is hosting a lecture on the ‘Spiritual Challenges of Environmental Issues’
Wednesday 9th November, 7:30pm, 41 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh.
We have made a decision to stop issuing documents to the public in Microsoft Word format. The reasons for this are that not everyone has a copy of Word and it costs money; Microsoft changed the Word format itself recently adding to the confusion and Word is not available for all types of computer (or indeed mobile devices). All new documents will be in PDF format. This can be read using a number of free reading programmes. Many computers already have a pdf reader installed and some web browsers will open the files automatically. If you have any problems do a Google search for “Adobe pdf reader” and this will take you to the main free one. We will be moving all the downloadable files on our web site to this format over the next few months.
We are pleased to announce that New Machar parish Church, Aberdeen have achieved their first Eco-Congregation award and Dalbeattie Parish Church have achieved their second.
Congratulations to both congregations!
Gorgie parish Church in Edinburgh has gained its first Eco-Congregation award.
The assessors particularly commended the congregation for the following:
- The excellent communication of environmental matters to everyone in the church community through the newsletter.
- A great sense of pride in all of the work competed in the church and a feeling of good community spirit, especially with events such as the Royal Wedding Tea Party.
- The way in which environmental work has been integrated into church life so that none of the work appeared to be a hassle to anyone on the group. As much as an action plan is not in place, everyone was certainly aware of everything going on.
- The number of caring for creation initiatives run.
- Fair Trade status.
The Eco-Congregation award recognises achievement in promoting and carrying out environmental work by churches. For further information please click here.