Show your colours for climate, justice and jobs
Saturday 28th November 2015, gather at 12 noon at the Meadows, Edinburgh
Join the worldwide movement marching for a better future. Ahead of UN climate change negotiations in Paris, we will stand up for people affected by rising global temperatures and demand that world leaders agree an ambitious deal.
A low carbon society will create green jobs, improve our transport and food systems and protect our land, air and water. Scotland needs to show its colours in Paris and beyond with strong action on climate change.
Wear your brightest colours as Scotland marches on this weekend of global action.
Could you be a steward on the day?
To have a fun and successful march, we are relying on volunteers aged 18 and over to help us steward. Could you help us on the day? To sign up, or if you have any questions, email Paul.
- Find out why 2015 is an important year for action on climate
- Learn more about what is happening in Paris
- Spread the word: download the poster and flyer to share and the Supporter Toolkit for more info
- Join the Facebook event – and invite your friends
- Join the special events ahead of the march: an Ecumenical Service, craft workshop or music workshop
- Find out what happened at our launch event
- Come to Paris with Friends of the Earth Scotland
Date: Saturday 28th November 2015,
11:00am Ecumenical Church service at St Alberts Chapel (details at bottom of this page)
12 noon Gather at The Meadows.
12.30pm March sets off from the Meadows, down the Mound into Princes Street Gardens
1.00pm Rally with bands and speakers Ross Bandstand, Princes Street Gardens. Compere: Hardeep Singh Kohli.
Church service details
The march will be preceded with an ecumenical church service.
St Albert’s Chapel
University Catholic Chaplaincy
Click here for Google map and directions to the chapel.
Chapel entrance is in the lane parallel to Middle Meadow Walk, close to start point of march: