Climate Challenge Fund Gathering and film event
Thursday 26th November 2020
9.00am – 4.00pm Gathering 2020 Programme
7.00pm – 9.00pm Evening Film and Discussion
The Climate Challenge Fund (CCF) Gathering provides opportunities to learn, network and share experience on tackling climate change. The annual event brings together more than 200 attendees representing CCF Grant recipients, local community-led groups including churches and faith projects, national organisations and the Scottish Government. Keep Scotland Beautiful organise the Gathering as part of their management of the CCF on behalf of the Scottish Government.
Having time to network, come together and share experience is particularly important in a year that has presented major challenges to communities across Scotland with COVID-19. The event will feature topical keynote sessions:
- George Marshall – Communicating the climate emergency
- Mikaela Loach – The climate emergency, justice and race
- Roseanna Cunningham MSP, Cabinet Secretary for the Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform – Keynote speaker
- Alastair McIntosh – The climate emergency and over consumption
There will also be contributions from CCF Grant Recipients and the wider CCF Community through:
- Topical Workshops and Tabletalk discussion sessions
- The uplifting Climate Heroes session
- A Virtual Marketplace and networking
On the evening of the Gathering there will be a separately ticketed online film and discussion. The event will explore how community film nights can get people thinking about climate change, followed by the opportunity to watch and discuss a challenging film.
Tickets to both events are free and open to CCF Grant Recipients, and representatives of other organisations with an interest in community-led action on climate change. Find out more and book Gathering and film tickets here.