Congratulations to Torry St Fittick’s Church on gaining their first Eco-Congregation Award!
The assessors particularly commended the congregation for the following:
- The good sense of community within Torry St Fittick’s that supports the eco-congregation work.
- The significant effort that has been made by the church to include caring for creation themes in the service content.
- The work involved in drawing up plans for refurbishment, which include energy saving measures and the progress made thus far in fund raising for this project.
- The church’s involvement with the community and communication of eco-congregation aims through the Hall letting policy.
- The church’s commitment to Fair Trade and recycling projects.
- The church’s support for the Malawi Container project.
- Keeping everyone informed and involved in the eco-congregation work through good publicity in the church magazine, on the noticeboard and website.