St Martin of Tours Episcopal Church has received their first Eco-Congregation Award, making them the 106th congregation to receive an Eco-Congregation Award.
The assessors particularly commended the congregation on the following:
- The team-work, energy and tenacity of the Eco Group.
- The achievements in urban gardening in less than ideal physical surroundings.
- The involvement of young people in activities and links with the local school.
- The degree of integration of eco ideas in worship and general church life.
- The close relationship between the Eco Group and church management.
(Photo borrowed from website : St Martin of Tours)