Congregations throughout Glasgow can play their part by donating money, equipment, warm clothing or refreshments – fuel poverty affects all our communities and this is a great example of awareness raising as well as fun.
The Big Shettleston Sleepover,
Please circulate via email and share via Facebook and Twitter to help spread the word.
The aim of the event is to encourage people to join us in raising awareness of the difficulties faced by people who experience fuel poverty. At the same time we are hoping to raise some funds which will go into our Keep Warm in Winter Fund and used to provide keep warm packs and financial support to individuals and families who are struggling to keep warm in winter. Anyone raising more than £50 will be entered into a prize draw to win a £50 gift voucher from Marks & Spencer or Tesco.
Anyone interested in supporting our efforts can do so in the following ways:
- Donate online by following the link https://localgiving.com/bigshettlestonsleepover
- Register to camp out with us for one night only in the Community Garden on 20th March. Registration fee is £5.00 per adult and £10 per family. Those who register will be issued with sponsorship forms to help with their fundraising. To register call Marion or Angela on 0141 763 0511 or email email@example.com
- The event will not be possible without the help of volunteers, and donations of time and effort will make a big difference to the campaign. If you can help with any of the following please get in touch or come along to our volunteer information session on Thursday 5th February at 6.30pm at Shettleston Housing Association (please call or send an email with a note of your intention to attend the information session):
At the event on Friday 20th March and Saturday 21st
- Assistance with setting up the site
- Registering participants as they arrive
- First Aid Cover (First Aiders welcome – please get in touch)
- Assisting around the site, supporting participants and the site manager
- Road marshals to help with the safe arrival of participants (Friday 20th March 7.30pm – 8.30pm)
- Drop off zone volunteers to help participants carry their belongings onto site
- Serving soup, snacks, hot drinks as campers arrive and during the night and porridge and bacon rolls for breakfast
- Road marshals to help with the safe departure of participants (Saturday 21st March 9.00am – 10.30am)
- Site stewards to assist the site manager with the smooth running of the event
- Overnight marshals to assist with a 2 hour night watch shift and help serve participants with hot drinks etc.
- Activity leaders to help organise games, storytelling, sing songs, competitions etc. to while away the hours
- Clearing up after the event
We would also be grateful to receive donations of any of the following:
Tents (to borrow), sleeping bags, duvets, torches, home baking, tea bags, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits/snacks, refreshments, playing cards, board games, and any unwanted Christmas gifts of scarfs, gloves, woollen hats, warm socks/slipper socks.
Direct Dial: 0141 763 2894 Reception: 0141 763 0511 Mobile: 07530985483
Shettleston Community Growing Project Ltd is a Private Limited Company Registered in Scotland No. 491339 Scottish Charity No. SC045278
Registered Office: 65 Pettigrew Street, Shettleston, Glasgow, G32 7XR